Hello! Is anyone still out there? I know it has been a long long time… Well, the cliff notes of the last year or so: I became an official attorney! I have been working hard to develop a practice and have had a great time doing it…
But I think it is time to get back into cooking and, more importantly, posting…
Tonight I made this lovely linguine with mushrooms and scallops… I really wanted scallops today… this is what I created…
Ginny’s Throw it Together Scallops and Mushrooms with Linguine
1 container of bella mushrooms, sliced
1 shallot, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon of olive oil
a splash of lemon juice (about 1 teaspoon)
a heavier splash of white wine (about 1 tablespoon)
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons butter
4 large scallops
linguine, cooked until al dente
1. Heat the olive oil in the frying pan over low heat. Add shallots and garlic to the frying pan. Cook until translucent.
2. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking until cooked through.
3. Throw in the lemon juice and white wine. Cook until liquid as evaporated. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Mix the mushrooms and linguine in a bowl. In the same pan, heat butter over medium high heat until smoking. Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
5. When the pan is ready, add the scallops to the pan. Cook each side for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
6. Serve the scallops with the linguine and sprinkle with some grated romano cheese. Enjoy!
Filed under Lemon, Parmesan, Pasta | Comments (2)